Easy ice cream themed cakes that are perfect for summer birthday parties! Use any cake and frosting recipe that you like and check the tips below to create them at home!
Here’s a breakdown on how I made them!
- These are the pans that I used! They come with or without lids. I didn’t need them so this link is for just the pans.
- I used a Funfetti cake mix and vanilla frosting. Recipe for a single batch of homemade vanilla buttercream below.
- Mini waffles cones are similar to these
- To make the “ice cream,” put the frosting in the fridge or freezer until it’s hard enough to scoop with a small cookie scoop.
Homemade Vanilla Buttercream
- 2 sticks of butter, softened (I use one salted and one unsalted)
- 4 cups of powdered sugar
- 2–3 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Food coloring to tint buttercream- this is my favorite brand
- In a medium bowl, beat butter until smooth.
- Add in half of the powdered sugar and mix.
- Add in the rest of the sugar, cream, vanilla, and food coloring and mix until completely combined.