Last but not least in my “Strawberry Shortcake & Friends” fruit s’mores series! Sprinkle Pop had a collaboration with Strawberry Shortcake, so I made a different version of s’mores for each character. I finished with Strawberry herself. These are now my favorite of them all, probably because they’re pink 😉
1. Heat Ghirardelli melts in the microwave for 30 second intervals until melted, stirring between each interval. Usually they take 1 minute 30 seconds. If you’re flavoring the chocolate or coloring the chocolate make sure to do it after they’re melted. You can also use flavored melts like the Lemon Sweet Tooth Fairy flavor.
2. Fill the molds 1/3 of the way with the chocolate. Be sure to cover the full bottom of each cavity. You might have to tap the mold a little to get it to spread.
3. Add the first graham cracker and press lightly so that the chocolate seeps over the edges.
4. Pipe a small amount of marshmallow fluff into the center of each cracker. **The second cracker will push down on the fluff so do not overfill.
5. Top with a dollop of fruit curd, nutella, or anything else if you’re choosing to add a second filling.
6. Add the second graham cracker on top and push down so that there is space to fill the rest of the mold with the chocolate.
7. Pour any extra chocolate needed to fully cover the cracker.
8. Tap the mold on the counter only when they are all filled!! Do not tap until each cavity is filled with the s’mores.
9. If needed, using a fork or knife, lightly press the cracker back down if it rose to the top.
10. Using an offset spatula, scrape the back of each s’more, making sure the back is smooth and chocolate hasn’t seeped over the edges onto the mold.
11. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes, minimum.
12. Remove the mold and flip it over onto a cutting board or a cookie sheet lined with parchment. Using your thumb, lightly press on the back of each cavity. The heat from your finger will release the s’more.
13. Heat more melts in the microwave and place into a piping bag or a bottle with a very thin opening. If you’re adding color stir it in after they’re melted.
14. Drizzle the chocolate onto each s’more one at a time. Immediately add the glittery sugar, sprinkles, crumbs, or other topping. This is something you want to do one at a time because the chocolate will be cold since it was just removed from the fridge and it’ll harden immediately. Repeat with all 4 s’mores.
15. Using the rest of the chocolate, pipe a small amount onto the back of a royal icing sprinkle or other decoration of your choice. You’ll want to cover the entire center of the decoration so that it sticks. Place it onto the s’more.
16. Pick up each s’more and move them to another tray lined with parchment or another cutting board. This way the extra chocolate that was piped over the edges won’t settle onto the board.
17. Let them set at room temperature or move back to the fridge for 5-10 minutes to harden.
18. Remove from the fridge and serve at room temperature.